We all Hold Each Other Accountable
Happy Employees = Happy Customers
Corporate culture is the shared values, beliefs, actions, unstated rules, and informal leaders that guide the behavior of employees. Culture is part of an organization’s informal structure and has a strong influence over the effectiveness of the center’s day-to-day activities.
Center needs to be positive and full of energy. An Employee needs to:
- Feel appreciated
- Have the right tools
- Be able to communicate openly with each other
- Have opportunities to communicate with other departments
- Contribute to making improvements
- Develop skills that are transferable to other positions
Agents Fit In
When agents know and understand their contribution to the company’s success, they take pride in their work. When employees are proud of the work they do, they enjoy coming to work. When employees enjoy their work, their positive attitude is reflected in their customer interactions. In short: when employees are happy, customers are happy.
Ask Your Agents
We create a “communicative culture” that generates a tangible “energy buzz” and happy employees, by asking our agents what is important to them. Then we act on it! We utilize an Employee satisfaction survey to get their input and feelings about:
- Day-to-day activities
- Relationships with their boss(es) and other agents
- The center’s physical resources and appearance
- Adequacy of team, departmental, and organization communications
- Adequacy of training and coaching
- Their connectedness to the rest of the organization
Our Executives walk through the center and look for physical signs of a “communicative culture”:
- Does the workspace look uncluttered and comfortable?
- Are the walls covered with achievement awards, employee pictures, and interesting artwork?
- Do agents fill their cubicles with pictures and personal items?
- Do the restrooms look sparkling and smell fresh?
- Are agents sitting up straight in their chairs and smile at you when you walk by?
- Are supervisors easily accessible and interacting with agents?
- Do you hear the hum in the air?
Programs and Ideas to Shape our Culture
- We use employee committees to solve problems and organize events
- We utilize recognition programs to generate spirit
- We use games to make it fun
- We use incentives to make it count
- We hold company wide meetings for important communications
We welcome ideas and suggestions to develop a communicative culture within our center.